is a social media campaign launched by FasterCures to make a compelling statement about why we must invest in medical research. Through a collection of powerful personal stories - each on its own a strong case for why research matters, - it provides our nation with a bird's eye view of the critical importance of medical research, and creates an imperative to make research a national priority.
We are collecting stories from:
• patients and their families whose lives have been altered by disease,
• scientists and researchers facing incredible obstacles to advancing their work, but whose relentless efforts are bringing us closer to a cure, and
• impatient advocates who know too well that improving a system means disrupting it and playing an active role in reshaping it.
It is our goal to ensure we share these stories effectively and amplify their messages to leaders and decision makers whose work can chart the course of our future well-being. Here are some of the things we look forward to doing throughout this campaign:
1. Delivering YOUR STORIES in a creative and compelling ways to Members of Congress;
2. Packaging YOUR STORIES sharing them effectively with Administration officials;
3. Preparing YOUR STORIES for all stakeholders in the medical research advocacy community to use as appropriate to advance their respective goals.
Time=Lives is anchored in FasterCures' operating principle that to save lives, we must save time in medical research - the way we search for discoveries, turn these discoveries into therapies, and bring these therapies to patients.
We built the site in the public domain with the express purpose of making this resource available for the medical research advocacy community to use as appropriate.
We urge you and those you know to add your stories to the mix. Here's how to get involved:
FasterCures is not just our name - it's our mission. We are an 'action tank' that works to improve the medical research system and speed up the time it takes to get important new medicines from discovery to patients.
Our goal is to accelerate the process of discovering and developing new medical solutions for deadly and debilitating diseases. We are nimble and independent, a 'safe place' for key stakeholders across sectors and diseases to come together and get things done. As the Milken Institute's Center for Accelerating Medical Solutions, FasterCures is nonpartisan and not affiliated with interest groups.